When we are transitioning from one season to another, as we are currently, there are a number of things to consider about your wardrobe:
1. Decide what you’re keeping – Questions to ask yourself….
“Did I wear this?”
“How often did I wear it how often will I wear it? “
“How did I feel when I wore it?” Did you feel like a “Winner” or did you feel “just okay?”
“Would I buy this item, again?
“What is the condition of the garment? Hem? Dry cleaned? Does it need to be altered?”
The answers to the questions above will help you to determine which bin the item should land in – Goodwill / Consignment Shop, Gift it to a relative OR your costume bin (for the 70s or 80’s themed parties).
2. How will you organize it in your closet? I suggest hanging everything together (slacks with slacks or blouses with blouses) by color.
3. Does the item represent who you are? If it does, keep it and hang by style and color. If it doesn’t consider which bin it belongs in.
4. Can you wear the item year round?
5. Consider Layering options for the cooler seasons – tees, camis, turtlenecks, etc…